POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : wierd behavior after compiling on Fedora 38 Server Time
18 May 2024 09:00:56 EDT (-0400)
  wierd behavior after compiling on Fedora 38 (Message 22 to 31 of 31)
From: RSM
Subject: Re: wierd behavior after compiling on Fedora 38
Date: 5 Oct 2023 20:00:00
Message: <web.651f4d63e0e6f9a138789ea2e542b12d@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:

> > Ash Holsenback <ash### [at] nomailnone> wrote:
> >> On 10/1/23 10:53, RSM wrote:
> >
> >> checking for sdl-config... no
> >> checking for libSDL... not found
> >> configure: WARNING: the preview display is disabled
> >>
> >> then later in same file:
> >>
> >> Built-in features:
> >>     X Window display:          disabled
> >
> > i found sdl12-compat and installed it
> >

> > then i recompiled it
> >
> > checking for libSDL... yes
> > checking for libSDL version >= 1.2... 1.2.68, ok
> > checking for SDL/SDL.h... yes
> > checking for SDL_Quit in -lSDL... yes
> >
> >   X Window display:          enabled (using SDL)
> >
> > when it got to the make check a little window popped up and
> > the display inside was all black.
> >
> > when i rendered the sphere that bill suggested as a test i got a green image
> > when i tried rendering my scenes i got a white image and it rendered very fast.
> > when i rendered the biscuit.pov i got a black image.
> >

> Dropping in the discussion;
>
> You might want to compare official code with hg-povray code for display
> ( https://github.com/LeForgeron/povray/tree/hgpovray38/unix )
> as I made a port for libsdl2 and raw X11 (but you cannot compile for
> both libsdl 1.2 and libsdl 2.0, they are using the same API with
> different interfaces (they fucked it))
>
> IIRC, libdsl2 is far better that 1.2

i tried compiling povray-hgpovray38.zip and the renders created files with solid
colors again.

i used libSDL2 as suggested

does anyone have any thoughts on what else could be causing this problem?

should i try Povray 3.7 instead?

would it help if i uploaded the output from the compilation process?

Post a reply to this message