POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : wierd behavior after compiling on Fedora 38 : Re: wierd behavior after compiling on Fedora 38 Server Time
1 Jun 2024 20:37:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wierd behavior after compiling on Fedora 38
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 8 Oct 2023 07:50:47
Message: <65229797$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/7/23 10:10, William F Pokorny wrote:
> I am bothered because your attempted run with the no lower case
> identifier checking core dumped... I think it should be a handled exit
> from the parser with something like:

I'd forgotten my own code!

We can make identifier declarations on the command line(a) and these
happen outside the parser. In the command line code I'm throwing an
exception on seeing lower case identifiers.

Bill P.

(a) - We can effectively declare identifiers in a few subtle ways other
than #local and #declare. The #for iteration loop variable is an example
- but those are handled in the parser.