POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Povray optimization on G5 Server Time
29 Jun 2024 09:10:24 EDT (-0400)
  Povray optimization on G5 (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: popov
Subject: Povray optimization on G5
Date: 2 Feb 2005 08:45:01
Message: <web.4200d6399eaeecf3d95579c20@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm trying to built an optimized commandline version of Povray 3.6.1 based
on the latest unix tarball on a 2GHz Powermac G5 running OSX 10.3.7.

In order to optimize for the G5, my gcc compiler flags are -O3 -mcpu=G5
-mtune=G5 -mpowerpc-gpopt -mpowerpc64

Compilation is successful, however running povray -benchmark results in a
segmentation fault at the very beginning of execution.

The reason of the segmentation fault seems to be the -mpowerpc64
optimization flag. If I compile without -mpowerpc64, everything is working
fine and I get a benchmark of 36 minutes.

Is the 3.6.1 source not compatible with the mpowerpc64 flag?

Because this flag is turned on when compiling with -fast (this turns on
various optimization flags), I get also a segmentation fault.

My gcc compiler is:
gcc (GCC) 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1671)

Any idea?

Post a reply to this message