POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Povray optimization on G5 : Re: Povray optimization on G5 Server Time
1 Jul 2024 12:59:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray optimization on G5
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 2 Feb 2005 08:55:12
Message: <4200dbc0$1@news.povray.org>
> Is the 3.6.1 source not compatible with the mpowerpc64 flag?

	I can't tell as it was not tested with it, but at least the
unix version of povray-3.6.1 is known to work on several other
64-bit platforms (for instance GNU/Linux on AMD64; IRIX64).
	Can you compile a simple test program with this flag
and see if it works?  If so, you could try to recompile povray
using the --enable-debug flag for configure and -mpowerpc64 in
your CXXFLAGS, run povray under a debugger, and report the
backtrace right after it segfaults.

	My feeling is that gcc produces wrong code with this
optimization flag, but I didn't search google about it yet.

	- NC