POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compile problems povray 3.50c and Solaris 8 x86 Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:12:28 EDT (-0400)
  Compile problems povray 3.50c and Solaris 8 x86 (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: cconstan
Subject: Compile problems povray 3.50c and Solaris 8 x86
Date: 27 Mar 2003 13:00:11
Message: <web.3e833bc6b517b6f4a7261b750@news.povray.org>
I'm encountering some similar problems discussed here while trying to
compile the latest PovRay. I found a solution to the problem trying to
compile the docs in this newsgroup, but I don't see it as a real solution
(remove docs from the SUBDIRS line of the Makefile) and it's a bug that
needs to be fixed.

I also saw a "fix" for the tiff problem, which I haven't encountered as of
yet as I haven't gotten that far, but I've made note of it for future
reference.

I haven't found anything regarding the problem I now face. I get this error
in compiling for solaris 8 x86, gcc 3.1.1, gnu make 3.7.9:

Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/sw/pgmstore/admpubsw/povray/povray-3.50c/src'
c++ -DPREFIX=\"/package/povray-3.5\"
-DPOV_LIB_DIR=\"/package/povray-3.5/share/p
ovray-3.5\" -DCOMPILER_VER=\".Linux.gcc\"
-DSYSCONFDIR=\"/etc/localhost/povray-3
..5\" -DUSE_IO_RESTRICTIONS=\"\"   -I/public/include -L/public/lib  `if [
"Xgcc"
= "Xgcc" ]; then echo "-Wno-multichar"; fi ` -O3 -finline-functions
-ffast-math
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -fexpensive-optimizations -malign-double
-fo
ptimize-sibling-calls -minline-all-stringops -Wno-multichar -c atmosph.cpp
c++ -DPREFIX=\"/package/povray-3.5\"
-DPOV_LIB_DIR=\"/package/povray-3.5/share/p
ovray-3.5\" -DCOMPILER_VER=\".Linux.gcc\"
-DSYSCONFDIR=\"/etc/localhost/povray-3
..5\" -DUSE_IO_RESTRICTIONS=\"\"   -I/public/include -L/public/lib  `if [
"Xgcc"
= "Xgcc" ]; then echo "-Wno-multichar"; fi ` -O3 -finline-functions
-ffast-math
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -fexpensive-optimizations -malign-double
-fo
ptimize-sibling-calls -minline-all-stringops -Wno-multichar -c bbox.cpp
In file included from bbox.cpp:47:
optout.h:49:2: #error You must complete the following DISTRIBUTION_MESSAGE
macro
bbox.cpp: In function `int sort_and_split(BBOX_TREE**, BBOX_TREE**&, long
int*,
   long int, long int)':
bbox.cpp:1872: warning: assignment to `long int' from `double'
bbox.cpp:1872: warning: argument to `long int' from `double'
make[1]: *** [bbox.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/sw/pgmstore/admpubsw/povray/povray-3.50c/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Any help is greatly and urgently appreciated.

--
Carl B. Constantine
cco### [at] cscuvicca

Post a reply to this message

> optout.h:49:2: #error You must complete the following DISTRIBUTION_MESSAGE
> macro
> bbox.cpp: In function `int sort_and_split(BBOX_TREE**, BBOX_TREE**&, long
> int*,
>    long int, long int)':
> bbox.cpp:1872: warning: assignment to `long int' from `double'
> bbox.cpp:1872: warning: argument to `long int' from `double'
> make[1]: *** [bbox.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/sw/pgmstore/admpubsw/povray/povray-3.50c/src'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>

> Any help is greatly and urgently appreciated.

*Read* the error message -- it really helps!!!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.