POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compile problems povray 3.50c and Solaris 8 x86 : Re: Compile problems povray 3.50c and Solaris 8 x86 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:44:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compile problems povray 3.50c and Solaris 8 x86
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 27 Mar 2003 15:22:20
Message: <3E835D7C.3020709@free.fr>
> I *did* but it does not help. There is nothing in any docs that I've seen
> about the DISTRIBUTION_MESSAGE macro, where it is or what should be done
> with it.

	In the source distribution of POV-Ray, that I assume you got since
you're trying to compile it, there is a file called README. The problem you
face is not a problem and is actually well described in this README file.
Not to be confused with the README.unix file that you should read as well.
	README and INSTALL files are usually considered as useful docs.

> all I've done is ./configure, make so far, just like the docs say.
> No where does it say I have to touch any macro. That should probably be set
> in the Configure script anyway, which means this is bug (IMHO).

	If you look a few threads ago, you'll find one called 'New configure
script' which in principle answers this particular point. Not tested on
Solaris though.