POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compile problems povray 3.50c and Solaris 8 x86 : Re: Compile problems povray 3.50c and Solaris 8 x86 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:52:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compile problems povray 3.50c and Solaris 8 x86
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 27 Mar 2003 15:36:50
Message: <3E83610F.DAF85FA5@gmx.de>
cconstan wrote:

> I *did* but it does not help. There is nothing in any docs that I've seen
> about the DISTRIBUTION_MESSAGE macro, where it is or what should be done
> with it. all I've done is ./configure, make so far, just like the docs say.
> No where does it say I have to touch any macro.

What's not understandable about:

optout.h:49:2: #error You must complete the following DISTRIBUTION_MESSAGE
macro

???

optout.h, line 49 says:

#define DISTRIBUTION_MESSAGE_1 "This is an unofficial version compiled
by:"
#error You must complete the following DISTRIBUTION_MESSAGE macro
#define DISTRIBUTION_MESSAGE_2 " FILL IN NAME

Apart from that as Nicolas mentions the package contains a README file
that describes exactly this.

> That should probably be set
> in the Configure script anyway, which means this is bug (IMHO).

This is not a bug but an intended feature!

Christoph