POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compile problems povray 3.50c and Solaris 8 x86 : Re: Compile problems povray 3.50c and Solaris 8 x86 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compile problems povray 3.50c and Solaris 8 x86
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 28 Mar 2003 02:09:39
Message: <3e83f533@news.povray.org>
In article <web.3e837ac3a517a360a7261b750@news.povray.org> , "cconstan"
<cco### [at] cscuvicca> wrote:

>>So if you consider it a bug that the configure script does not force you to
>>read the documentation, I think your expectations are unrealistic...
>
> No, I consider it someone frivolous (sp?) to require the person doing the
> compile to put there name in a macro for crying out loud. I shouldn't have
> to do it at all.

I told you why:

"As a matter of fact the directive
is there for exactly this reason because in the past countless people did
not read any documentation and started to distribute unofficial versions of
POV-Ray that violated the POV-Ray license."

The license requires that you provide the information your are supposed to
enter there if you want to distribute the version you compiled.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.