POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compile problems povray 3.50c and Solaris 8 x86 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:24:46 EDT (-0400)
  Compile problems povray 3.50c and Solaris 8 x86 (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: ABX
Subject: Re: Compile problems povray 3.50c and Solaris 8 x86
Date: 28 Mar 2003 02:15:27
Message: <uus78vod1c4eahur4a0nhvht8mqorrj5pf@4ax.com>
On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:27:15 EST, "cconstan" <cco### [at] cscuvicca> wrote:
> ok, so it's not a bug. I read the README.unix but not README as they
> traditionally contain very unusful information for Unix people.

This feature is not Unix related. It is necessity for all platforms.

> No, I consider it someone frivolous (sp?) to require the person doing the
> compile to put there name in a macro for crying out loud. I shouldn't have
> to do it at all.

You are responsible for your own compilation since this reflects _your_
knowledge about compiling and sharing habits, _your_ intentions about
influencing other environments (including viruses), configuration of _your_
system. What's wrong with signing your version for these reasons? Imagine, You
will give your (working for You) binaries to somebody and it will not work
there. Who should be first informed - overloaded team or the one who made
binaries ?

ABX

Post a reply to this message