POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compile problems povray 3.50c and Solaris 8 x86 : Re: Compile problems povray 3.50c and Solaris 8 x86 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:40:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compile problems povray 3.50c and Solaris 8 x86
From: ABX
Date: 28 Mar 2003 02:15:27
Message: <uus78vod1c4eahur4a0nhvht8mqorrj5pf@4ax.com>
On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:27:15 EST, "cconstan" <cco### [at] cscuvicca> wrote:
> ok, so it's not a bug. I read the README.unix but not README as they
> traditionally contain very unusful information for Unix people.

This feature is not Unix related. It is necessity for all platforms.

> No, I consider it someone frivolous (sp?) to require the person doing the
> compile to put there name in a macro for crying out loud. I shouldn't have
> to do it at all.

You are responsible for your own compilation since this reflects _your_
knowledge about compiling and sharing habits, _your_ intentions about
influencing other environments (including viruses), configuration of _your_
system. What's wrong with signing your version for these reasons? Imagine, You
will give your (working for You) binaries to somebody and it will not work
there. Who should be first informed - overloaded team or the one who made
binaries ?

ABX