POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : help: i/o restrictions (again) Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:11:59 EDT (-0400)
  help: i/o restrictions (again) (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: gimi
Subject: Re: help: i/o restrictions (again)
Date: 13 Mar 2003 11:19:22
Message: <3e70af8a@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>>yes.  both to /root/.povray.conf and /home/myself/.povray.conf,
>>and they're mode 644, the user & group are also correct, i've
>>verified this more than once already... :/
>
> Why don't you just delete both?

because if i do, i get:

----
# povray +I/usr/local/share/povray-3.5/scenes/lights/laser.pov +O/tmp/
Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.5 Unix (.Linux.gcc)
   This is an official version prepared by the POV-Ray Team. See the
    documentation on how to contact the authors or visit us on the
    internet at http://www.povray.org/.
Copyright 1991-2002 POV-Ray Team(tm)
INI File Error: Reading from /usr/local/etc/povray.ini is not permitted.
Check the configuration in /usr/local/etc/povray.conf or ~/.povray.conf.
----

which is definitely one step back, i could at least
read the .ini file (and the scene .ini file) before...

r.

--
++ mailto:gim### [at] psicoch ++ http://www.psico.ch/ ++

Post a reply to this message

> which is definitely one step back, i could at least
> read the .ini file (and the scene .ini file) before...

oops, meant to say "the scene (.pov) file"

--
++ mailto:gim### [at] psicoch ++ http://www.psico.ch/ ++

Post a reply to this message

> # povray +I/usr/local/share/povray-3.5/scenes/lights/laser.pov +O/tmp/
> Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.5 Unix (.Linux.gcc)
>    This is an official version prepared by the POV-Ray Team. See the
>     documentation on how to contact the authors or visit us on the
>     internet at http://www.povray.org/.
> Copyright 1991-2002 POV-Ray Team(tm)
> INI File Error: Reading from /usr/local/etc/povray.ini is not permitted.
> Check the configuration in /usr/local/etc/povray.conf or ~/.povray.conf.

Assuming you really don't have some other incorrect configuration file
somewhere (I don't think so, you most likely have some file somewhere), this
would be a bug.  However, your problem much more likely sounds like some
messed up file somewhere.  The only question is how you managed to get the
file to wherever it is...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde