POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : help: i/o restrictions (again) : Re: help: i/o restrictions (again) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:40:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: help: i/o restrictions (again)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 13 Mar 2003 12:18:20
Message: <3e70bd5c@news.povray.org>
In article <3e70af8a@news.povray.org> , gimi <gim### [at] psicoch>  wrote:

> # povray +I/usr/local/share/povray-3.5/scenes/lights/laser.pov +O/tmp/
> Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.5 Unix (.Linux.gcc)
>    This is an official version prepared by the POV-Ray Team. See the
>     documentation on how to contact the authors or visit us on the
>     internet at http://www.povray.org/.
> Copyright 1991-2002 POV-Ray Team(tm)
> INI File Error: Reading from /usr/local/etc/povray.ini is not permitted.
> Check the configuration in /usr/local/etc/povray.conf or ~/.povray.conf.

Assuming you really don't have some other incorrect configuration file
somewhere (I don't think so, you most likely have some file somewhere), this
would be a bug.  However, your problem much more likely sounds like some
messed up file somewhere.  The only question is how you managed to get the
file to wherever it is...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde