POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : help: i/o restrictions (again) : Re: help: i/o restrictions (again) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:28:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: help: i/o restrictions (again)
From: gimi
Date: 13 Mar 2003 14:14:02
Message: <3e70d87a$1@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> Assuming you really don't have some other incorrect configuration file
> somewhere (I don't think so, you most likely have some file somewhere), this
> would be a bug.  However, your problem much more likely sounds like some
> messed up file somewhere.  The only question is how you managed to get the
> file to wherever it is...

i can't think of any other place where i could put such a
configuration file, so povray would read it.  AFAIK povray
reads both /usr/local/etc/povray.conf and ~/.povray.conf, and
uses the settings that are more strict (at least this is
what the docs say - see below).

the docs are not really helpful, however, as they say
that the feature is not implemented at the moment:

----
1.4  I/O Restrictions
NOTE: I/O Restrictions are not yet available under POV-Ray for Unix 3.5,
but will be available in a future minor release. The following
documentation describes planned functionality.
----

anyway... i have now copied the original config content from
my first post in this thread back into vi, saved it, and copied
it to ~/.povray.conf again. - miraculously, it works now, so i
won't touch it again -- ever! ;)

thanks,

g.

--