POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : help: i/o restrictions (again) : Re: help: i/o restrictions (again) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:40:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: help: i/o restrictions (again)
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 13 Mar 2003 15:00:20
Message: <3E70E354.5060304@free.fr>
> anyway... i have now copied the original config content from
> my first post in this thread back into vi, saved it, and copied
> it to ~/.povray.conf again. - miraculously, it works now, so i
> won't touch it again -- ever! ;)

	So here is what's wrong with your initial .povray.conf
file: there is 1 extra space caracter at the end of each line.
For instance, in your file you had:

"[File I/O Security] \n"
"none \n"

	while for some mysterious reason povray expects:

"[File I/O Security]\n"
"none\n"

	when it does string comparisons to parse the file. See the
UNIX_Process_Povray_Conf() function in src/unix.cpp. Obviously
the strcmp() should be at least strncmp(). I guess most of this
code is essentially a quick hack before something cleaner.

	- NC