POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Whatever happened to giram? Server Time
5 Oct 2024 03:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Whatever happened to giram? (Message 8 to 17 of 17)
From: Txemi Jendrix
Subject: RE: Whatever happened to giram?
Date: 24 Jan 2003 14:12:13
Message: <3e31900d@news.povray.org>

3e3171c6$1@news.povray.org...
> Hmmm. Looks like equinox won't export to Pov so that's a non-starter, but
> wings3d looks interesting. I'll try that.

You are right. Equinox doesn't export to povray, but it exports to .obj.
And Wings3D can read .obj files, so you can make your model in
Equinox, export it to .obj file, open it in Wings3D and export it to pov
and you are done.
I remember the firsts Hamapatch versions that didn't export to moray.
I had to do the things in Hamapatch, then export them to sPatch and
then to Moray.
(I mean, if you are searching for a good modeller, don't let that things
like "it doesn't export to pov" limit your possibilities, specially if there
is a workaround ;-)

> Thanx for the link

Nothing; and good luck.
 Bye

Txemi Jendrix
http://www.txemijendrix.com

Post a reply to this message

"Txemi Jendrix" <tji### [at] euskalnetnet> wrote in message

> You are right. Equinox doesn't export to povray, but it exports to .obj.
> And Wings3D can read .obj files, so you can make your model in
> Equinox, export it to .obj file, open it in Wings3D and export it to pov
> and you are done.

Why didn't I think of that? (No answer required)

John
--
Run Fast
Run Free