POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Whatever happened to giram? : Re: Whatever happened to giram? Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Whatever happened to giram?
From: Jellby
Date: 29 Jan 2003 18:03:44
Message: <3e385dd0@news.povray.org>
Entre otras cosas, Florian Pesth tuvo a bien escribir:

> Thanks Txemi and Matthias for the links. I already knew this three
> programs and I guess they are all not, what I'm searching for.
> I have tested Wings and Equinox and couldn't install Kpovmodeler (Guess
> it had something to do with old libraries, can't remember exactly). But
> as far as I know, Wings is a subsurface division modeling program, and
> Equinox and Kpovmodeler are both more for scene setup. What I'm
> searching for is an explicit spline based modeling program with realtime
> OpenGL preview. Maybe I have to take a closer look to Equinox and
> Kpovmodeler, but I guess if it's implemented it's only implemented very
> basic and uncomfortable. But I could be wrong. Does anybody use this two
> programs for spline based modeling? (I don't need primitives support or
> even CSG support, because I can do this in POVRAY.)

I had to install glut and glut-devel in order to compile kpovmodeler, but it
seems to work perfectly. It looks like it's mainly for scene setup, but it
allows some spline editing (bezier patch, prism, lathe, sor).

--

Linux User #289967 (counter.li.org)
PGP Pub Key ID: 0x01A95F99 (pgp.escomplinux.org)