POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Mesh etc. Server Time
7 May 2024 11:43:48 EDT (-0400)
  Mesh etc. (Message 1 to 10 of 25)
From: Jim Charter
Subject: Mesh etc.
Date: 4 Mar 2004 15:53:55
Message: <40479763@news.povray.org>
POV-Ray has a long and distinguished history supporting hand-coded csg
modelling and procedural textures.  Seemingly, as a way to extend POV's
capabilities and include the import of mesh models from the web,
sopisticated mesh2 support was added to POV.  With the recent boom in
the availability of mesh (polygonal) modellers in the
freeware/shareware/hobbiest space, more and more POVers seem to be
embracing mesh modelling as an creative tool.

What are peoples' thoughts on this.  Who are beginning to experiment
with mesh tools and what tools are you using?  How do you see them
fitting in with your style and expressive intentions?

Further, commercial software producers seem to understand the role of
the amateur market in creating a workerpool with software skills.  So
marketshare there can influence marketshare in the commercial venue.
This has lead to highend vendors making training versions of these
powerful products available to the hobbiest community.  What role does
this leave for POV?

Post a reply to this message