POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Rounding off edges Server Time
27 Apr 2024 12:55:11 EDT (-0400)
  Rounding off edges (Message 11 to 19 of 19)
From: Remco de Korte
Subject: Re: Rounding off edges
Date: 29 Aug 1999 16:40:33
Message: <37C9706B.2FD3E7E9@xs4all.nl>
Ken wrote:

> Remco de Korte wrote:
> >
> > Chris Huff wrote:
> > >
> > > In addition to what the others have said, don't forget the torus shape.
> >
> > Or how about blobs?
> > Too bad you can't use toruses as blob-elements.
> >
> > Remco
>
> ... but you can make a torus from blobs so would there be much difference ?
>
> --
> Ken Tyler

Just in the ease of writing scene-code.
Blobs aren't the only candidates by the way, cones would be nice too for
instance.

Remco

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Date: 29 Aug 1999 16:48:18
Message: <37C99CCE.E45B1730@compuserve.com>
Well, you could use the isoblob patch...but you might have to compile it
yourself and it wouldn't be compatible with official POV.

Post a reply to this message