POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : whither POV-Ray ?? Server Time
8 May 2024 15:00:50 EDT (-0400)
  whither POV-Ray ?? (Message 61 to 70 of 157)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: whither POV-Ray ??
Date: 23 Jul 2020 03:27:24
Message: <5f193bdc$1@news.povray.org>
Op 23/07/2020 om 03:57 schreef Chris Cason:
> On 23/07/2020 10:57, Bald Eagle wrote:
[snip]

>> Once again - thanks for taking the time to relay all of that information and
>> just - talk about things.
>
> No problem, it's good to discuss stuff like this as it helps clear
> misconceptions. Having been with the project for such a long time I
> simply don't know what people do or don't know; some things I take for
> granted might be mysterious to others.
>
> -- Chris

Just to say that I truly appreciate all this. Many things have become
more transparent to me now. For long, I have been worried that somehow
POV-Ray would just fade away slowly. I understand that that is not going
to be the case and I am grateful for all your(*) good and dedicated work
which has permitted the creation of some amazing art. I am still
learning every day from those and trying to improve what I do. There
seems to be no end to it... (except maybe that age and health begin to
seriously take their implacable toll).

I do not like "rowdy" discussions and I regret that such have emerged
here. Perhaps it is well to realise (again) that written communication
through (international) newsgroups like this has their dangers. We are
all members of very different communities and with very different
languages and/or ways of behaving. I know from experience how subtle
English in particular needs to be used in order not be misunderstood by
native speakers. Don't trust those 'aliens' who claim to be fluent
speakers (especially when they are Dutch!) by the way. ;-)  This is a
good way to communicate across the globe but it has limitations not
always clear to all.

(*)including of course all those who contributed actively over the years.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message