POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GPU rendering Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  GPU rendering (Message 131 to 140 of 175)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Physically Correct rendering
Date: 18 Jan 2010 15:46:18
Message: <4b54c89a@news.povray.org>
Chambers escreveu:
> I demand that everyone immediately halt work on 3.7, and start working
> on support for physically accurate light at one!  I'm afraid I can't do
> it myself, as I don't have the skills, but there are plenty of smart
> people here who could finish the job if they would just pull their heads
> out of the sand, wake up, and smell the coffee!

gee, man!, it was just a hint.  You clearly are all just fine with a
slow raytracer for RSOCPs.  That's fine to me, though it's sad to be
nostalgic...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: GPU rendering
Date: 18 Jan 2010 15:54:27
Message: <4b54ca83@news.povray.org>
Chambers escreveu:
> You're living in a world where the majority of people, even if they have
> a quad core processor, have GPUs that struggle to play The Sims.

Most people don't have top computers to run complex raytraced scenes
either.  Does that mean povray should support the lowest common
denominator hardware so that people can keep up rather than just
upgrading their PCs if they really want faster renderings?

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

> Most people don't have top computers to run complex raytraced scenes
> either.  Does that mean povray should support the lowest common
> denominator hardware so that people can keep up rather than just
> upgrading their PCs if they really want faster renderings?

You can't win. But there ARE alternatives to fighting...

...these aren't the driods you're looking for...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/