POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GPU rendering : Re: GPU rendering Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GPU rendering
From: Chambers
Date: 18 Jan 2010 16:31:24
Message: <4b54d32c$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Most people don't have top computers to run complex raytraced scenes
> either.  Does that mean povray should support the lowest common
> denominator hardware so that people can keep up rather than just
> upgrading their PCs if they really want faster renderings?

I'd very much appreciate it if POV didn't *require* advanced hardware.
I myself have a quad core AMD processor, but I'm the only one I know who
has more than 2 cores, and most of the people I know will be buying new
computers long before me.  This thing is probably going to last me at
least another 5 years.

...Chambers