POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : wacom bamboo fun Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  wacom bamboo fun (Message 11 to 20 of 110)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: wacom bamboo fun
Date: 20 Oct 2009 12:23:25
Message: <4adde3fd@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
> nemesis wrote:
>
>> some sketches of mine:
>>
>> http://i38.tinypic.com/9sf4o2.jpg
>> http://i34.tinypic.com/rhtsur.gif
>> http://i35.tinypic.com/351z801.gif
>>
>> I'm yet to learn more painting technique to truly put the Gimp to
>> fire... but oh
>> man, love it!
>
> Some of us can't draw that well with a *real* pen. :-/

I love to draw ever since a child.  In my youth, comics were my goal in
life... :D

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 20 Oct 2009 12:26:24
Message: <4adde4b0$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson escreveu:
> On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 22:33:10 -0700, Darren New wrote:
>
>> even to the
>> point of making brush strokes and smearing the paint colors together
>> when you cross lines with different colors and such.
>
> Gimp will do that; I was playing around with mixing colours using the
> smudge tool, and that was pretty interesting.

But I believe he's talking about automatic smearing *while* stroking
with a paintbrush... like real paint strokes when on canvas.  That'd be
cool to have in Gimp, but I'd more urgently wish more color-depth and
editable vector strokes.

Though now with a stylus vector strokes leading to smooth curves are
pretty low in my needs... :)