POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Samsung Q2 MP3 player vs. MP4's. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:26:40 EDT (-0400)
  Samsung Q2 MP3 player vs. MP4's. (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: gregjohn
Subject: Samsung Q2 MP3 player vs. MP4's.
Date: 28 Jul 2009 21:20:01
Message: <web.4a6fa2e3d16571dc34d207310@news.povray.org>
I bought a Samsung Q2 player.  It says it can play MP4 videos.

I got one or two MP4's off of http://www.publicdomaintorrents.com/.

I transferred them to the device.  The Q2 gives it a question mark icon and says
no codec.

Q: Anyone found a workaround for problems like this?  Could the problem be with
the device or the file?  I tried some conversions with avidemux or some other
software, but haven't tested it yet.

Post a reply to this message

> I bought a Samsung Q2 player.  It says it can play MP4 videos.
>
> I got one or two MP4's off of http://www.publicdomaintorrents.com/.
>
> I transferred them to the device.  The Q2 gives it a question mark icon and says
> no codec.
>
> Q: Anyone found a workaround for problems like this?  Could the problem be with
> the device or the file?  I tried some conversions with avidemux or some other
> software, but haven't tested it yet.

Problem more likely with the file...non-computer devices are usually a
bit picky as to wanting specific settings for files they'll play, look
those up for the Q2 and convert to those parameters.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message