POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Samsung Q2 MP3 player vs. MP4's. : Re: Samsung Q2 MP3 player vs. MP4's. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Samsung Q2 MP3 player vs. MP4's.
From: scott
Date: 29 Jul 2009 02:52:24
Message: <4a6ff1a8$1@news.povray.org>
> I bought a Samsung Q2 player.  It says it can play MP4 videos.
>
> I got one or two MP4's off of http://www.publicdomaintorrents.com/.
>
> I transferred them to the device.  The Q2 gives it a question mark icon
> and says
> no codec.
>
> Q: Anyone found a workaround for problems like this?  Could the problem be
> with
> the device or the file?  I tried some conversions with avidemux or some
> other
> software, but haven't tested it yet.

Similar problems with PSP and PS3, they're *really* fussy about what they'll
play.

After spending days with command line parameters, I finally found a program
called XviD4PSP which is GUI based and has profiles for common media players
that are known to work.  I don't have it here on this computer, but maybe
using the PSP or similar profile would make it work on the Q2?