POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Samsung Q2 MP3 player vs. MP4's. : Re: Samsung Q2 MP3 player vs. MP4's. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:26:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Samsung Q2 MP3 player vs. MP4's.
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 29 Jul 2009 09:09:25
Message: <4a704a05$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> I have a set of MP3 files which WinAmp will play. However, by player
> (powered by RockBox) refuses to play track 1. It will play all the other
> tracks, just not track one...

Heh. My Civic has a built-in MP3 player. I've been buying and
downloading music lately, and every once in a while I'd get an album
where every song would start with a burst of LOUD static. Very annoying
when driving down the road. The files played just fine in Winamp and
Windows Media player. Eventually figured out that I had to untag and
retag every single file that would give static. No idea why this worked,
unless the site selling the music put the tag at the font of the file
instead of the end of the file (If that's even possible)

The other bit of weirdness is if the file is tagged in unicode, you can
only see the first screenful of text, it never gives you the option to
scroll to see the rest of the text, but works fine with ASCII.

Consumer electronics are sometimes weird ;)

--
~Mike