POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Free Compilers Vista 64? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Free Compilers Vista 64? (Message 11 to 20 of 23)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>
From: JeffBTX
Subject: Re: Free Compilers Vista 64?
Date: 29 May 2009 10:40:01
Message: <web.4a1ff2ae3b64b803db103f0b0@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> > Scott - thats good news... I dialogued with a programmer in a games forum,
> > and
> > he indicated the same thing a few minutes ago. Just to verify: you are
> > using
> > VC++Express under WinVista? (and if it matters, I am using WinVista Home
> > Premium 64 bit).
>
> I am using it mainly under WinVista Business 64bit, but also have installed
> and used it under Vista Pro 32bit and XP Pro 32bit.
>
> > There is something in the MSDN forums about problems UNinstalling
> > VC++Express
> > under Vista. Possibly (hopefully) a rare problem.
>
> Don't know about that because I have never tried to uninstall it :-)
>
> > Okay then, I will dig further into the MSDN forums, and educate myself
> > (bugs,
> > problems, work-around, etc) before I decide... looks like I juts might end
> > uop
> > downloading & installing it.
>
> Well it's always worth a try, just give it a go and see what happens.

Thanks for reply & info, Scott.

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 29 May 2009 12:38:48
Message: <4a200f98@news.povray.org>
JeffBTX wrote:
> "What you've thrown together"; can it handle 16 and 32 bit DF3s? (just

Yes. It makes two scans thru the input, first figuring out the largest X, Y,
  Z, and voxel value, then building the right sized output file with the
right number of bytes to hold the highest voxel.

I fear I've already screwed around too much this morning, so it might wait
until the weekend before I can run some samples thru it just to make sure I
didn't have any dumb bugs.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)