POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Free Compilers Vista 64? : Re: Free Compilers Vista 64? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Free Compilers Vista 64?
From: Darren New
Date: 29 May 2009 12:42:07
Message: <4a20105f$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> (The graphical interface
> designer can only be used with C++.NET,

The reason for that is the GUI elements are .NET components. And the
designer looks at the metadata in the components to know how to help you
"design" with them.  Plus, when you drop a control on the page, it actually
invokes the code to draw itself, for example.  Not the sort of thing that's
easy to do with native code that has no metadata in it.

Do you happen to know if it does plain C also? I was going to do this
program in C, but then I just kind of said "screw it" and did it in Tcl.

Maybe next time I'll do it in Python just to practice. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)