POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So linux actually costs $40 Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  So linux actually costs $40 (Message 1 to 10 of 46)
From: gregjohn
Subject: So linux actually costs $40
Date: 7 Oct 2008 21:45:00
Message: <web.48ec0fc76d7c596c34d207310@news.povray.org>
From the Canonical store:
http://shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?products_id=244&osCsid=8744725ba585c862dcded69ac929b6a8

In setting up linux on my home PC's, I spent many nights in anguish over this
issue.  If someone told me linux costs $40, I'd have jumped for it.

I think I heard on a linux podcast that some weren't happy with Ubuntu/
Canonical getting into these proprietary formats.  I say those are the "Live in
a mud hut, wipe yourself with a leaf" types-- "Who wipes?"

Post a reply to this message