POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So linux actually costs $40 : So linux actually costs $40 Server Time
9 Oct 2024 22:29:39 EDT (-0400)
  So linux actually costs $40
From: gregjohn
Date: 7 Oct 2008 21:45:00
Message: <web.48ec0fc76d7c596c34d207310@news.povray.org>
From the Canonical store:
http://shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?products_id=244&osCsid=8744725ba585c862dcded69ac929b6a8

In setting up linux on my home PC's, I spent many nights in anguish over this
issue.  If someone told me linux costs $40, I'd have jumped for it.

I think I heard on a linux podcast that some weren't happy with Ubuntu/
Canonical getting into these proprietary formats.  I say those are the "Live in
a mud hut, wipe yourself with a leaf" types-- "Who wipes?"