POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Who's game to help a vid game novice? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 21:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Who's game to help a vid game novice? (Message 27 to 36 of 36)
From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Re: PS2 question
Date: 26 Mar 2008 13:16:05
Message: <47ea92e5$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:

> I'm just impressed that you managed to balance the screen on that short
> column of paint cans :-)

Trust me, it wasn't easy. :-)

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Who's game to help a vid game novice?
Date: 26 Mar 2008 15:17:07
Message: <47eaaf42@news.povray.org>
Mike the Elder <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Here's the mystery: How could the same people who
> could create art and story components which display virtually indisputable
> evidence of rather advanced aesthetic and intellectual sensibilities produce
> and publish a game in which the player is compelled to spend the great majority
> of playing time in INSANELY frequent and absolutely pointless battles with silly
> monsters?

  From an outsider point of view most of the battles in RPGs (be it Japanese
style or western style) seem pointless and boring. However, somehow when
you actually play the game, it can be quite addictive. (Why do you think
these games sell so much?)
  It's not only about mindless killing. It's about combat tactics and
leveling up.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message