POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) (Message 96 to 105 of 175)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Brute force renderers
Date: 21 Feb 2008 07:43:48
Message: <47bd7204@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
>> I want povray to evolve.  Being provocative is a way to do that.
>
> No - being provocative to the point of trolling is a way to get
> everybody to completely ignore you. ;-)

eventually, that kind of attitude will lead to everybody ignoring
povray, except for the geekiest of geeks...

Post a reply to this message

From: Severi Salminen
Subject: Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net)
Date: 21 Feb 2008 07:45:00
Message: <web.47bd7183b014483d5054540d0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Does anybody, anywhere, have any details of how the algorithm actually
> works? As in, how is this different to a normal ray tracer?

Yeah. Just search google:

path tracing
monte carlo path tracing
bidirectional path tracing
etc.

Basically it is this simple:

1. You shoot ray to scene and let it bounce randomly as it wants based on
material characteristics.
2. Repeat many times.

Post a reply to this message