POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Northern Illinois University Student Attack (Message 81 to 90 of 297)
From: Sabrina Kilian
Subject: Re: N. Illinois Uni. Student Attack - he'd stopped his medication
Date: 15 Feb 2008 22:16:20
Message: <47b65584$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 10:42:13 +1000, Brian Elliott wrote:
>
>> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
>>
>>> Suppose that psychotic purchased the weapon prior to their break?
>>>
>>> Or they decided not to take their medications?
>> It seems you are closer than you were probably yet sure of.
>
> It's a fairly common theme in shootings like this.  Similarly we had two
> here in Salt Lake City over the last 10 years that were similar
> situations - people who were on medication to deal with mental
> instabilities who owned weapons prior to their diagnosis stopped taking
> their drugs and went off the deep end.

One thing that is glossed over is that many of the anti-depressants,
SSRI types, have serious withdrawal. Paxil, the big one for a while, was
a once a day pill that no one noticed had a half life of about 2.5 hours
and was out of the blood in something over 12. Withdrawal on a daily
basis mixed with what ever already caused the depression/anxiety/what ever.

Post a reply to this message