POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:43:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: nemesis
Date: 15 Feb 2008 23:07:42
Message: <47b6618e@news.povray.org>
alphaQuad wrote:
> "nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> "alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
>>> REAL medicine is illegal and poison is prescribed instead.
>> Crack and heroine don't exactly make their (ab)users much good.  And being
>> constantly stoned by marijuana will not exactly do much good for your career,
>> unless you're a popstar and need it to get all creative in a snap...
>
> There is a big difference. It is only pharmaceutical profit motive that keeps
> real meds illegal.

crack is real med?  I think you're in need for some med...

> What did we do before republicans, prohibition and profit motive. Did we destroy
> oursevles. No. Did we have a war on natural herbs and try to irradicate? NO.

did we have crack, heroine, ecstasy and more back then?  NO.

People in the past got stoned by drinking alcohol, munching coca leaves
or smoking opium and a few other herbs.  In the 19th century, chemistry
was rocking the world and they began industrializing and mixing various
toxic wastes from the natural herbs into what is know known as cocaine,
heroin and the like.  Artists, intelectuals and even Sherlock Holmes
loved it as their long-term nocive effects were unknown at the time.

Calling street drugs real medicine just because it's illegal does not
make it any better.  These are vicious substances just as toxic as the
legal ones.

> We smoked and ate to our hearts content. I bet we were much happier also.

yeah, everyone happy with their medicine for the soul.  Smoking an opium
pipe in a brothel, surrounded by lovely, caring syphilitic women. Those
sure were the days...