POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:45:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: triple r
Date: 15 Feb 2008 22:45:00
Message: <web.47b65b259d4c0fa7ae42298f0@news.povray.org>
"alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> Go to a doctor, especially a hospital, you can be given compazine for nausea;
> nothing more than pesticide with an ethyl/amine chain. Also fluoride
> antipsychotics for something as simple as sleeplessness.
>
> Anyone prescribing these poisons either took the Hippocratic oath in jest or
> failed to their biochemistry. The breakdown into carbon/fluorine molecules is
> equivalent to Teflon; a carbon/fluorine chain.

I usually try to stay out of these arguments, but this name-calling is counter
effective, if anything, to your cause.  Just because molecules may be similar
in structure does not mean they must be similar in function.  Like it or not,
pharmaceutical drugs have improved the quality of life for millions of people.
Yes, drugs do have side effects, and yes, I do think they are over-prescribed,
but this all out attack seems to have little basis in anything more than visual
inspection of molecules.  You said yourself to do your research first, but I'm
struggling to find citations and evidence for your strongest assertions.
Perhaps drugs have prevented more public massacres than they have caused.  I'm
not saying that's the case, but I certainly don't think there's enough evidence
to say, "The range of interactions can produce different adverse effects
including ... public massacre."  Drugs and the human body are very complicated
-- much more complicated than you have made it.

 - Ricky