POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick: name seven gases in your house! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:23 EDT (-0400)
  Quick: name seven gases in your house! (Message 12 to 21 of 51)
From: Gail Shaw
Subject: Re: Quick: name seven gases in your house!
Date: 11 Jan 2008 10:00:06
Message: <47878476@news.povray.org>
news:47878326$1@news.povray.org...
> Gail Shaw wrote:
>
> >> Dude... Argon??
> >
> > Yes. Not much, but it's there. In fact, it's the most common noble gas,
more
> > prevelent than neon or helium
>
> Interesting. I was under the impression that *all* noble gasses are
> extremely rare...

1% of the atmosphere or so. It's used in a lot of places because it's not so
rare. Often used in fire-extinguishing systems for server rooms

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 11 Jan 2008 10:06:24
Message: <478785f0@news.povray.org>
>> Interesting. I was under the impression that *all* noble gasses are
>> extremely rare...
>
> 1% of the atmosphere or so. It's used in a lot of places because it's not so
> rare. Often used in fire-extinguishing systems for server rooms

Well, gold is extremely rare, but if you have the cash there's no
problem with buying some. ;-)

1% of air is certainly a vastly higher figure than I had imagined though.

I know they use Ar for arc welding and such. But the fire extinguisher
for my server room is CO2. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/