POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick: name seven gases in your house! : Re: Quick: name seven gases in your house! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:15:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick: name seven gases in your house!
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 11 Jan 2008 10:11:47
Message: <47878733$1@news.povray.org>
gregjohn wrote:
> Bill Pragnell <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> Phil Cook wrote:
>>> Water Vapour
>> <pedant>
>> Water vapour is suspended liquid droplets. Steam is the gas phase.
>> </pedant>
>
> Water vapour is the gas phase.  Steam is the gas phase.

So it is, my mistake. I always thought 'vapour' referred to suspended
condensation. Wikipedia does mention the frequent misuse of the term.

> And to everyone who said CO2 or Ar, that's not something you can observe in your
> house.  It's about observation of gaseous substances, not merely naming off
> elements a textbook will tell you might be present.

Thought that might be the case! CO is particarly poorly judged then,
being colourless and odourless.

How about the CO2 bubbles you see when you take the cap off a fizzy
drink bottle?