POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick: name seven gases in your house! : Re: Quick: name seven gases in your house! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick: name seven gases in your house!
From: Phil Cook
Date: 11 Jan 2008 10:14:20
Message: <op.t4rtw6c6c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:40:52 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

>> Nitrogen, Oxygen, Argon, Carbon Dioxide, Neon, Helium, Water Vapour; or
>> what you called "air" :-P
>
> Dude... Argon??
>
>> Is smoke a gas, I thought it was airborne particulate?
>
> Depends on what kind. (It's like asking "what chemical is rock?")
>
> Smoke from a wood fire is mostly soot particles. Burning oil produces
> that charactoristic blue vapour. And so on.

Oh sure it contains gases, I was thinking more along the lines of 'I have
observed air and I have observed oxygen' that doesn't really count as two
gases.

>> Your freezer contains a gas, sure you can't observe it directly
>
> Or rather, you can - but please don't! :-S

Well quite :-) Thinking about it if you've got a computer 'air-duster'
cleaner then that contains a compressed-to-a-liquid gas, normally one of
the flurocarbons.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com