POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is another "free" unbiased engine: Indigo Render Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  This is another "free" unbiased engine: Indigo Render (Message 15 to 24 of 54)
From: Rune
Subject: Re: This is another "free" unbiased engine: Indigo Render
Date: 26 Oct 2007 14:38:24
Message: <47223420$1@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" wrote:
> It IS possible to model with NURBS in POV-Ray, by using SDL.

splines, which can be regarded as uniform, non-rational B-splines.

Rune

Post a reply to this message

From: Tom York
Date: 26 Oct 2007 14:50:01
Message: <web.4722362c8d03a40e7d55e4a40@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <aut### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
> "Tor Olav Kristensen" wrote:
> > It IS possible to model with NURBS in POV-Ray, by using SDL.
>

> splines, which can be regarded as uniform, non-rational B-splines.
>

> Rune

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3CXns935A4D394502torolavkhotmailcom%40204.213.191.226%3E/?mtop=10

Tom

Post a reply to this message

From: Rune
Date: 26 Oct 2007 16:25:29
Message: <47224d39$1@news.povray.org>
"Tom York" <alp### [at] zubenelgenubi34spcom> wrote in message
> "Rune" <aut### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
>> "Tor Olav Kristensen" wrote:
>> > It IS possible to model with NURBS in POV-Ray, by using SDL.
>>

>> splines, which can be regarded as uniform, non-rational B-splines.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3CXns935A4D394502torolavkhotmailcom%40204.213.191.226%3E/?mtop=10

Ah okay, I misunderstood the "by SDL" part in Tor's message. I thought he
meant modeling NURBS by SDL, not implementing NURBS by SDL.

Rune

Post a reply to this message