POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ANN: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physically correc= Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  ANN: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physically correc= (Message 11 to 20 of 82)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: ANN: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physically correc=
Date: 23 Oct 2007 15:13:01
Message: <471e47bd@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran <gil### [at] agroparistechfr> wrote:
> The
> ability to write i++ instead of i=i+1 is not going to make better pictures.
> Improving the rendering engine will.

  I don't remember seeing even one single post suggesting some concrete
rendering algorithm idea which could be implemented in povray.

  It's easy to say "povray should have more rendering algorithms", much
harder to actually present hard data and concrete proposals about what
and how exactly.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message