POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cellphone ray-tracing? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Cellphone ray-tracing? (Message 11 to 20 of 31)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Cellphone ray-tracing?
Date: 20 Apr 2010 08:07:13
Message: <4bcd98f1$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Since you can compile C++ code for the iPhone, I wonder if POV-Ray could
> be compiled for it with some tweaking...

Depends whether libpng and all the other dependencies can be compiled
too, I would imagine.

Still, POV-Ray used to run on MS-DOS, AmigaOS and various other exotic
places, so it's not implausible that this might work.

The question is "would you want to?"

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:07:13 +0200, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

> Warp wrote:
>
>>   Since you can compile C++ code for the iPhone, I wonder if POV-Ray
>> could
>> be compiled for it with some tweaking...
>
> Depends whether libpng and all the other dependencies can be compiled
> too, I would imagine.
>
> Still, POV-Ray used to run on MS-DOS, AmigaOS and various other exotic
> places, so it's not implausible that this might work.
>
> The question is "would you want to?"

If I'm not by my PC and I have my phone with me, why not? Even trying new
variations on the RSOCP can be fun when you're bored ;)

-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message