POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cellphone ray-tracing? : Re: Cellphone ray-tracing? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cellphone ray-tracing?
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 20 Apr 2010 08:23:35
Message: <op.vbgndpg7ufxv4h@go-dynamite>
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:16:59 +0200, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>>> The question is "would you want to?"
>>  If I'm not by my PC and I have my phone with me, why not?
>
> 1. Because it will take approximately 250 years to render anything.

Hey, I designed cars on a 33MHz with blobs in Pov-Ray 3.1

> 2. Because you'd need to be able to type things.

Mine has a qwerty keyboard

> 3. Because the screen only has a resolution of 120x80 anyway.

240x320

I could make backgrounds for my cell-phone ;)

> 4. PROFIT!
>
>> Even trying new variations on the RSOCP can be fun when you're bored ;)
>
> Heh. I guess I must have been really, *really* bored that time I derived
> a set of pencil and paper calculations for drawing a black and what
> RSoCP image by hand...

I tried that with a Madelbrot set once... Never finished it. completed it
on my 48k ZX Spectrum back in the day...

Hmm... how about a Mandelbrot renderer then on cell-phones...

-Nekar Xenos-