POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Really? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Invisible
Subject: Really?
Date: 13 Mar 2008 11:52:40
Message: <47d95bd8@news.povray.org>
I *thought* I had a bad day today.

...and then I read this:

http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/Youll-Need-to-Come-Downtown.aspx

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: St
Subject: Re: Really?
Date: 13 Mar 2008 12:30:05
Message: <47d9649d@news.povray.org>
news:47d95bd8@news.povray.org...
>I *thought* I had a bad day today.
>
> ...and then I read this:
>
> http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/Youll-Need-to-Come-Downtown.aspx

     Good one. I'm surprised that the son had four zero's in his number, but
yeah, it's called 'Sod's Law'.

     I would have liked to see those cops faces!  :)

      ~Steve~

> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 13 Mar 2008 13:08:04
Message: <47d96d84@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:47d9649d@news.povray.org...

>     I would have liked to see those cops faces!  :)

       Jeez...    Looong day...   :o/

      ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 13 Mar 2008 17:24:42
Message: <47d9a9aa$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
> "Invisible" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>> I *thought* I had a bad day today.
>>
>> ...and then I read this:
>>
>> http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/Youll-Need-to-Come-Downtown.aspx
>

>      Good one. I'm surprised that the son had four zero's in his number, but
> yeah, it's called 'Sod's Law'.
>
>      I would have liked to see those cops faces!  :)
>

>       ~Steve~

My old phone number ended in 0001. It was fine, till one of the other
phone companies used it for unknown numbers. I started getting very
angry calls at 4 AM telling me 'I have caller ID, I know you just called
me and hung up, don't do that again or <various threat>!' It got bad
enough that I needed a new phone number.

Post a reply to this message

And lo on Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:24:42 -0000, Sabrina Kilian <"ykgp at
vtSPAM.edu"> did spake, saying:

> St. wrote:
>> "Invisible" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>>> I *thought* I had a bad day today.
>>>
>>> ...and then I read this:
>>>
>>> http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/Youll-Need-to-Come-Downtown.aspx
>>
>>      Good one. I'm surprised that the son had four zero's in his
>> number, but yeah, it's called 'Sod's Law'.
>>
>>      I would have liked to see those cops faces!  :)

> My old phone number ended in 0001. It was fine, till one of the other
> phone companies used it for unknown numbers. I started getting very
> angry calls at 4 AM telling me 'I have caller ID, I know you just called
> me and hung up, don't do that again or <various threat>!' It got bad
> enough that I needed a new phone number.

Wow we just get "You were called today at [time/date]. The caller withheld
their number" Likewise any caller id hardware just displays "UNKNOWN" or
"WITHHELD".

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com