POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Getting Kenned Ham, without paying. Server Time
12 Oct 2024 03:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Getting Kenned Ham, without paying. (Message 101 to 110 of 588)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
Date: 18 Nov 2007 19:22:12
Message: <4740d734@news.povray.org>
Vincent Le Chevalier <gal### [at] libertyallsurfspamfr> wrote:
> Because instead of simply expressing your opinion for what it is, you
> prefer build a complex argumentation relying on rather fuzzy,
> ill-defined, or downright wrong ideas

  Excuse me? My original objection was pretty clear and straightforward.
I opposed mocking other people because of their beliefs, and that's it.
I didn't make any claim about the veracity of any beliefs. People just
wanted to read that I was defending those beliefs although at no point
I did that. No matter how many times I repeated this, people just ignored
it and tried to drag the conversation onto the veracity of those beliefs.
No matter how I said "I'm not talking about those beliefs and wether they
are true or not" people would just not listen.

  Now you are accusing me of making complicated fuzzy argumentations?
My point was pretty simple and straightforward.

> phrasing it as if you were the
> sole tenant of every truth in the world

  If I say "you shouldn't make fun of people, you should respect people"
and get opposition, then I'm happy of being accused of thinking that
I know "every truth in the world".

>, insulting quite a few people
> and their convictions in the process.

  If objecting mockery insults someone, then so be it.

> Because, when people try to explain you something, you are not even
> trying to understand what could be true or useful in what they are
> saying, but instead seeking how they are wrong in every possible way,
> generating lengthy arguments in the process, just for the apparent sake
> of finally seeing someone saying that you are right. On whatever minor
> irrelevant detail.

  I wrote several times that I'm not opposing the theory of evolution,
that that was not my point, but people would simply not listen. They
constantly tried to defend the theory of evolution, while I was not
interested in that at all, and I made that clear many times. What else
would you have me do?

  Besides, the main point was that I said that it's not ok to mock people
and I got clear opposition to this, saying that it is ok. That kind of
opposition cannot be explained with me doing whatever you accuse me of
doing. My position was simple and clear.

> And of course every such discussion ends exactly like this, you say that
> people on the Internet do not understand you, that they are seeing bad
> intentions that are not there

  No, people in the internet read too much between the lines and simply
don't listen when someone tells them clearly and concisely that they are
completely missing the point.

> and ultimately that you don't care about
> anyone else's opinion.

  If I don't care about anyone else's opinion, why am I wondering what
could be reason for people to oppose the idea of respecting people and
not making fun of them? I can't understand the reason.

> Frankly I've been reading three such discussions recently, and I can
> remember several of your "duels" with Darren and others before... And
> each time I'm lamenting at how you use up that much of your intelligence
> struggling in lost battles you started yourself.

  It certainly seems so that if someone posts something which makes fun
of someone or some people, objecting to this mockery will result in a
flood of opposition. I still can't understand why, and your inflammatory
"answer" to the question doesn't answer it at all.

> Not that I'm hoping you change in any way, but that is how I see things...

  Thanks for not answering the question I asked.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message