12 Oct 2024 05:08:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Warp
Date: 18 Nov 2007 19:53:15
Message: <4740de7b@news.povray.org>
> However, I'll disagree that young-earth creationist ideas deserve any
> respect at all.

  While I admit that my posts could be interpreted as meaning that I oppose
the idea of mocking and disrespecting young-earth creationism, that's not
really what I meant.

  The photo gallery didn't directly mock any people per se, but I just got
the strong feeling that mocking the people who believe in those things was
implicitly there, more or less clearly. It mentioned how many people seemed
to visit the museum, and other similar comments.

  The article related to the photo gallery had quite a lengthy introduction
calling the entire thing "horseshit".

  When you use such strong words, you are going to insult some people.
People will feel being insulted because of their beliefs. What they believe
may be ridiculous, but that doesn't lessen the fact that calling what they
believe "horseshit", especially so verbosely as he did, is going to insult
people.

  I was not speaking pro respecting the young-earth creationism claims,
but pro respecting people, not insulting them, not making fun of them.
IMO false claims should be debunked seriously. The photo gallery had no
debunking at all. It was pure and simple mocking.

  That is what bothered me.

--
                                                          - Warp