POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Prices in America? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:12:50 EDT (-0400)
  Prices in America? (Message 11 to 20 of 26)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Prices in America?
Date: 4 Mar 2011 09:41:59
Message: <4d70fa37@news.povray.org>
On 04/03/2011 1:30 PM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 04/03/2011 13:13, Stephen a écrit :
>>
>> I did not know that about paracetamol in the US. My doctor gave me a
>> prescription for it so I can get it in bulk. Although it is "over the
>> counter" here in the UK, you are not allowed to buy more than two
>> packets at the one time.
>
> This is due to the lethality of paracetamol.
> Destroying the liver is a bad omen for your survival.
> And it's so easy: 4g / 24h and it's already toxic.

I know and it doesn't always kill you. I once met a young woman who was
confined to a wheelchair because of an overdose. :-(

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 4 Mar 2011 09:54:27
Message: <4d70fd23$1@news.povray.org>
>> What, you mean low prices /= high quality? Who would have known?
>
> Bean counters.

No, they of all people seem to look only at cost, ignoring benefits.

> But to be fair SAP implementations are very expensive
> running into millions and millions of pounds.

Maybe. All I know is that these days people put words like "value" and
"economy" on products, suggesting that these things are "good value".

Value is the *ratio* of cost to benefit. Simply reducing the price does
*not* increase the value unless the quality remains the same. But your
typical "value" item, while very much *cheaper*, is also very much
*lower quality*. If you compute the cost/benefit, it's probably far
*worse* value.

Sorry, that just annoys me... As you were, men.

Post a reply to this message