POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Prices in America? : Re: Prices in America? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:13:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prices in America?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Mar 2011 13:58:16
Message: <4d713648$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 12:13:13 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 03/03/2011 9:49 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> Sounds like a pretty bad offer all said.  Shame, that.
>>
> It was from one of those Indian consultancies that do as much work
> offshore as possible, pay below the line rates and somehow convince
> their clients that they do quality work.

Gotta love that.  Or not. ;-)

>> That wouldn't be very high risk health-wise, unless you were in the
>> 'bad' part of Chicago. ;-)
>>
> I try to stay clear of "the bad parts" as I was brought up in one of the
> bad parts of Glasgow. ;-)

That seems like a good plan no matter where you are. :-)

>> Yeah, so those you probably would have needed coverage for here unless
>> you could bring a large enough supply (and then you'd have to check on
>> legality of bringing them in, too.  I want to say that paracetamol is
>> an example of something that's not offered here in the US - as an
>> example, but there are equivalents.
>>
> I did not know that about paracetamol in the US. My doctor gave me a
> prescription for it so I can get it in bulk. Although it is "over the
> counter" here in the UK, you are not allowed to buy more than two
> packets at the one time.

I'm pretty sure that was it, I'll ask Amy when she gets back from her
class because she does know the details on what/why.

>> Egads, that must've been fun. :-)
>>
> I was younger then and got paid for the first time. The second time I
> was a staff and only got sleeping time.

I remember being hourly in IT - management 'threatened' to make us salary
so they could make us work 24x7 and not pay us appropriately.  Needless
to say, that got shouted down. ;-)

>> I'll have to remember that you are an SAP person, I actually spent some
>> time at the conference talking to someone who works for SAP (in their
>> education department) based in Germany (though she's originally from
>> the Midlands).
>>
>> If the discussions she and I had at the conference turn up anything, I
>> may need your input on some things. :-)
>>
> No problem but remember I'm "Logistics" specifically  Plant Maintenance
> and Customer Service.

Good to know. :-)

Jim