POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Prices in America? : Re: Prices in America? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:11:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prices in America?
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Mar 2011 09:54:27
Message: <4d70fd23$1@news.povray.org>
>> What, you mean low prices /= high quality? Who would have known?
>
> Bean counters.

No, they of all people seem to look only at cost, ignoring benefits.

> But to be fair SAP implementations are very expensive
> running into millions and millions of pounds.

Maybe. All I know is that these days people put words like "value" and
"economy" on products, suggesting that these things are "good value".

Value is the *ratio* of cost to benefit. Simply reducing the price does
*not* increase the value unless the quality remains the same. But your
typical "value" item, while very much *cheaper*, is also very much
*lower quality*. If you compute the cost/benefit, it's probably far
*worse* value.

Sorry, that just annoys me... As you were, men.