POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Prices in America? : Re: Prices in America? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:12:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prices in America?
From: Stephen
Date: 8 Mar 2011 09:35:27
Message: <4d763eaf@news.povray.org>
On 08/03/2011 1:53 PM, Sabrina Kilian wrote:
> Plain ol' paracetamol is over the counter in the US, in doses that would
> probably make your head spin anywhere else. 500 to 650mg pills, in 30 to
> 90 count bottles. It's the additives that start moving it up the list of
> 'controlled substances'. All of the co-codamols are schedule III in the
> US, requiring a prescription and a doctor to justify why they give them
> out; and they still only give out #3s. The other mixes are not mentioned
> much. Darvon+paracematol was schedule IV, less paperwork for the
> doctors, but is being recalled because someone thought 650mg of para
> taken 4 to 6 times a day was dangerous. Hydro-codone + para is still
> schedule III, everything else is schedule II. And if it is scheduled,
> you will need a doctor to sign a prescription for it. Not that customs
> at the airport will stop you for bringing them in, a friend's dad
> brought in several boxes of co-codamols from London, when I joked that
> they were not as easily purchased in the US. He just went to different
> pharmacies to get the two box limit several times over.

Thanks Sabrina but it is academic now. As you say you can buy co-codamol
in the UK also co-dydramol, over the counter.

> OTC, you can get stuff like caffine and phenyltoloxamine, or allergy or
> sleep meds mixed with them. But nothing that helps for pain.

I've found that adding caffeine does enhance the effect of
dihydrocodeine. Or maybe it just makes you feel more buzzy which makes
you feel the other drug is working better. Never underestimate the
placebo effect. ;-)

> now to sit back and watch this post set off every spam alarm ever made.

LOL at least your not selling blue pills :-P

--
Regards
     Stephen