POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Kindling (Message 341 to 350 of 520)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Kindling
Date: 24 Jan 2011 05:22:32
Message: <4d3d52e8$1@news.povray.org>
>> People pay thousands of pounds to have their advert on radio.
>
> OK, but that still only works out to a few pennies per day over the
> duration that the advert plays for.

A quick google states a price of 1000 pounds per week to advertise on a
large regional station.  Given they probably have 20 or so different
adverts that equates to an income of 20k per week for the station.

> (More to the point, what adverts they do play inevitably sound very
> cheap and amateurish. Not at all like the slick, polished adverts that
> constantly bombard you on TV. Presumably advertising on radio is much
> cheaper than TV -

That same site I found above also mentioned you should spend about 10%
of your budget on actually making the advert (presumably 90% on
advertising fees to the station).

Post a reply to this message

>>> People pay thousands of pounds to have their advert on radio.
>>
>> OK, but that still only works out to a few pennies per day over the
>> duration that the advert plays for.
>
> A quick google states a price of 1000 pounds per week to advertise on a
> large regional station. Given they probably have 20 or so different
> adverts that equates to an income of 20k per week for the station.

Interesting. I can't begin to imagine how Dave's Kebab Shop has anywhere
near £1000 a week to blow on ineffective advertising, but anyway... I'm
still left wondering whether £20k per week would go anywhere near
covering the total running costs of a radio station.

> That same site I found above also mentioned you should spend about 10%
> of your budget on actually making the advert (presumably 90% on
> advertising fees to the station).

Seems reasonable. You're only going to make it once, but presumably play
it a whole lot...

Post a reply to this message