POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Neural malfunction Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:15:21 EDT (-0400)
  Neural malfunction (Message 8 to 17 of 37)
<<< Previous 7 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Neural malfunction
Date: 10 Aug 2010 06:33:10
Message: <4c612ae6$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Any unsubstantiated theories? Wild speculation? Baseless diagnosis?
>
> Will random guesses do as well? :-)

Sure, why not?

>> Possibly hypoglycaemia.
>
> Was my first thought, too. Though it doesn't fit the symptoms I
> experienced myself in such cases, but maybe that's just "personal style".

I gather one of the other symptons is nausia, which seems kind of ironic
given that the best cure is apparently to eat something...

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 10 Aug 2010 06:37:51
Message: <4c612bff$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Possibly hypoglycaemia.
>>
>> That was my thought too. However, it seems hypoglycaemia produces a wide
>> range of symptons, and I only had one of them.
>
> It is not obligatory to have all the symptoms. ;-)

Sure. But only one of them? That's kind of improbable.

>> Also... why the **** would I suddenly have hypoglycaemia one day? It's
>> not as if I've just had a blood transfusion or I haven't eaten for
>> months or anything...
>
> It is a judgement from One on High for swearing with asterisks.

Oh goodie...

Post a reply to this message

> So yesterday I was feeling fine. And then around 3PM, I started to develop
> a headache. Now I should point out that for me, a headache is a very rare
> event. And I still have *no idea* what caused this one. It's conspicuous
> that yesterday was my first day back at work after a week off,

I pretty much only get headaches on the first day back at work after some
time off.  I just put it down to suddenly having to concentrate for 8 hours
a day without moving about much, and didn't really think any more about it.

Post a reply to this message

>> So yesterday I was feeling fine. And then around 3PM, I started to
>> develop a headache. Now I should point out that for me, a headache is
>> a very rare event. And I still have *no idea* what caused this one.
>> It's conspicuous that yesterday was my first day back at work after a
>> week off,
>
> I pretty much only get headaches on the first day back at work after
> some time off.  I just put it down to suddenly having to concentrate for
> 8 hours a day without moving about much, and didn't really think any
> more about it.

If by "concentrate for 8 hours a day without moving much" you mean
"spend all day at work surfing the Internet like what I did at home
during every single day of my week off", then... oh, wait...

(And, as I say, I almost *never* have headaches. Certainly it's not a
routine thing for me.)

Post a reply to this message